Limited to Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A board created for people to come and talk about their beliefs on the world's current status

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ones Who Make Us Smile
Rules - posting EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:39 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Hey
Rules - posting EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» 300th Post
Rules - posting EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:25 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Mythology
Rules - posting EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:54 am by darkangel

» Favorite Religion
Rules - posting EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:19 am by Fireblade

» The Supernatural
Rules - posting EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:25 pm by Fireblade

» poetry!!! from the heart!!! ps sad
Rules - posting EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 pm by Toshiro Kiryu

» soo...
Rules - posting EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:06 pm by James

» New Radio Law???
Rules - posting EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 am by Fireblade

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:13 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Rules - posting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:13 pm

This topic is meant to describe the rules for posting on this board in any forum, in any topic, or even private messaging. Being able to post here is a privilege, not a very exciting one but it’s still a privilege and it can be taken away. With a few presses of the mouse, you could be deleted and your I.P. banned, so pay attention!

I. Introduction
II. Language
III. Arguing
IV. Spamming
V. Abuse/threatening
VI. Signature/Avatar
VII. Private Messaging
VIII. Advertising
Warning/banning

Last edited by James on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://limited-to-truth.forumotion.com
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 pm

I. Introduction

Well, to keep an organized group and prevent mayhem, one must place rules to keep people under control and keep a sense of balance. Posting is the main thing on a board, and to not put rules on such a thing would be inviting that mayhem right in through the front door.

Some of the basic rules are that related to language, spamming, and flaming. Any breaking of which is not only annoying, but will result in a detention! No, just kidding, but something bad will happen. Rules have consequences and those will be explained later one, if you break the rules too much you could end up being banned. I.P. addresses can be banned, meaning you wouldn’t even be able to make a new account from that computer. Please try and help me not have to do that =’[

Last edited by James on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:25 pm

II. Language

A. lease keep cussing to a minimum. Even though I myself enjoy the occasional (okay, a bit more…) cuss, it isn’t appropriate for such a board and I’m pretty sure that’s against the forum hoster’s rules.

B. Remember that slander is not to be used, even in a joking manner unless it’s obvious to the recipient. Slanders can cause uproar of fighting and the likes and that’s a messy, messy situation.

C. Don’t say stuff in another language unless it’s translated, please? Yes, an actual language rule… it isn’t so much a rule but a suggestion, it’d be really annoying to see a whole message, or even just a little bit, in another language without a translation to help.
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

III. Arguing

A. Please try your best to not start fights. Fights can usually be started by slander or not shutting your trap. Keep your mouth shut to a certain degree and this won’t be a problem.

B. Arguing is fine, comparing your idea to the other persons and such. Just don’t let it get to out of control. Arguments can escalade quickly and cause fights to break loose.

C. Opinions are just that: Opinions. Don’t judge a person completely on their opinions, such as thinking they’re a bad person because their opinion is different than yours. Opinions are like retarded friends that won’t stfu, we all have them…

D. Make sure to make your argument clear and precise or the other person may not understand you and possibly believe you to be slandering them which could escalade into a fight! Oh no!

E. Please don’t put napalm on the greekfire. By that I mean, of course, don’t say stuff just to start a fight between members or to make a fight grow larger. That’s just stupid.
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm

VI. Spamming

A. Spamming is basically anything like posting one worded topics or anything to get your post count up. On here it doesn’t really matter what your post count is so there’s no reason to want it to be higher than anyone else.

B. Please do not over use emotions. They’re fun to use but if you use them too much they can become annoying and annoy other people. Try to keep them to a minimum, like cuss words.

C. Don’t, I repeat, don’t post something that just has an emotion, that’s like a combination of A and B! Wtf!?

D. Do not double post, if there's something you wish to add then you can edit your post.

Last edited by James on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:55 pm

V. Abuse/threats

A. There will be no constantly bugging a person or making crude sexual comments about them. This will count as a form of abuse and will be dealt with strictly.

B. If you feel that you, or someone else, are being abused by another member, please report that person asap.

C. Threats will be taken seriously as well and any threat to harm another person in any way will be dealt with just as strictly.

D. Threats or abuse done through PM is even worse and if reported will be dealt with by a more strict punishment.
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 pm

VI. Signature/Avatar

Please keep your Signature picture to an appropriate size. A good size would be somewhere between 50x50 pixels and 200x200. Any signature that is to big or too small will be deleted and a message will be sent telling you why but you will not be warned to take it down. You may only have one Signature Picture unless you have more than one that equal less than or exactly 200x200 and they must both be more than 50x50 Signature text must be less than 500 characters, but if you have a signature picture than it must be less than 250. Exceptions will be made if it’s near that, maybe up to 300, but try to keep it less.

Avatars have a set limit, 150x200, so you cannot go over that but please try not to go under 125x125 because then it’d be too small to see very well. Avatars will also be taken off if they break the rules without a warning and a message will be sent explaining why. Likely a link to this rule, a quote of the rule, or maybe the person will take the time to actually write a brief summary of why. Who knows? Who cares? I know I don’t. Do you?
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

VII. Private Messaging

Private messaging is a privilege that can also be taken away, though you can still post with it taken away. It’s great to be able to send people messages privately, especially on a site like this. You can tell them things that you couldn’t exactly say in the public forum, ask them to explain what they said better, or just talk to someone you like if you have no other forum of communication.
Private messaging can also be a problem, for some people it gives another means of abusing/threatening or something else of that nature and lets them do it without being seen. This will be taken care of just as strictly as if it were done in public so don’t try it. If it is reported then you will be warned and banned for a set amount of time if the problem persists. If it’s to out of hand the first time then it may call for an automatic ban without a warning.
Back to top Go down
James

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:30 pm

VIII. Advertising

Advertising is how a site gets members usually, unless they're on google or sometimes people just tell friends and such. When advertising one forum on another forum, it's kind of annoying sometimes, especially if that other forum is about the same thing. So if you're going to advertise this forum on another forum, please PM me the link of the site so I can put it in the affiliate section of the portal.
Likewise, do not advertise other sites outside of your signature or profile website without advertising this site on that site as well. It's just rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules - posting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules - posting   Rules - posting Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules - posting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Limited to Truth :: Site information :: Rules-
Jump to: